Call-Out for the Open Access Workshop
Deadline To Apply?
January, 15th, 2019 at midnight GMT.
Where is the application form ?
Scroll down, it's on the bottom !
Who is it for?
For 20 Emerging or mid-carrier performing, digital and visual art (with performing arts experience) or multi-disciplinary professional artists from whole Europe, with no or little experience in transmedia, looking for an opportunity to gain insight into live arts and transmedia creation.
The workshop will take place between 11 - 16 March 2019 and will be hosted in Belfort, France.
A workshop, what for?
The workshop is the first stage of the project, Open Access – Experimenting with performing arts and transmedia creation, supported by the Creative Europe programme from the European Union, led by 4 European partners and numerous associated partners.
- On the one hand, it is designed as a full-fledged workshop for 20 artists to discover and work around issues related to forms of transmediadic live performance, an opportunity to develop artistic and cultural practices and reflect on the conditions of reception of audiences in general or specific audiences. A "toolkit" that allows experimentation and ideas of live performance and transmedia creation to emerge together.
- At the end of this process, the organisers of the project will be looking to invite 8 artists to join the process of the entire OPEN ACCESS project. These decisions will be based on ideas, approaches and discussions that emerge during this workshop and how they fit with the priorities of the partner organisations.
We believe that such an active selection process will allow deepening the ideas and sharing through a practice-oriented approach, while also taking into account that we would like to bring together a diverse group of artists, consistent with the idea of creating a forceful group dynamic.
If selected, when and where?
The labs create experimental, open and innovative European learning spaces and contexts bringing together audiences, artists and performing arts professionals, actors from the creative industries and the world of research.
From May, 11th – 20th, 2019 in Bucarest – Romania > > Prototyping Lab #1 – ColectivA
Working theme: Transmedia Storytelling: A Non-Linear And Interactive Narrative
From November, 3rd – 10th, 2019 in Lisbon - Portugal >> Prototyping Lab #2 - Dupla Cena – Festival Temps d’Images Lisboa
Working theme: Exploration Of The Multiplicity Of Spaces: Theatrical Space, Public Space And Virtual Territories
From April, 5th – 11th, 2020 in Cardiff - UK >> Prototyping Lab #3 – National Theatre Wales in collaboration with the Arts Chapter Centre during the Festival Experimentica 2020
Working theme: Approaching Interdisciplinarity, Pop And Fan Culture
From September, 21st - 28th, 2020 in Belfort/Montbéliard – France >> Prototyping Lab #4 – MA avec Granit
Working theme: Going Deeper: Serendipity, Gamification And Other Games
From September 29th – October 6th, 2020 in in Belfort/Montbéliard – France
This itinerary will be extended by the showcases of the prototypes within the framework of three events in an experimental presentation approach since each of the festivals will be an opportunity to test and make use of the developed transmedia and live arts projects with the audiences.
October 7th – 11th 2020 in Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Showcase/testing prototypes – ColectivA at the Botanical Garden
November 19th – 22th, 2020 in Lisbon, Portugal
Showcase/testing prototypes DuplaCena – Festival Temps d’Images Lisboa
November 25th – 29th, 2020 in Belfort/Montbéliard
Showcase/testing prototypes MA avec Granit - Festival Rencontre #TransFiction
Final Conference with artists and researchers
Who can apply?
Candidates should fulfil the following conditions:
- Emerging or mid-carrier performing arts, digital and visual art (with performing arts experience) or multi-disciplinary professional artists;
- No or little experience in transmedia in their own artistic practice;
- Willing to experiment new artistic forms dealing with transmedia and strong participation of audiences in a European context;
- Not afraid of open-ended projects;
- Being available from March 11th-16th, 2019 for the selection workshop and the dates and duration of the whole project programme;
- Living and/or working in one of the listed European Countries*;
- Fluent spoken and written English. Applicants should submit their application and supporting documents in English and should be aware that the whole programme will take place in English.
* Nationals from eligible “Creative Europe countries” : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Republic of Serbia, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Tunesia, Armenia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo (this designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence).
- A completed online application form,
- Confirmation of the availability for, and commitment to, the dates and duration of the whole project programme.
Selection process and criteria:
- Confirmation of the availability for, and commitment to, the dates and duration of the whole project programme,
- Geographic, gender, cultural diversity,
- Professional experience as an artist,
- Candidates will be informed within one month after the deadline whether they have been selected for the workshop or not.
- International travels of the participants will be covered by the organisers
- Accommodation and meals will be covered by the organisers
- Participation in the workshop is free of charge
Labs, residency, showcases
- The 8 selected candidates will receive a remuneration for the participation in the programme,
- International travels of the participants will be covered by the organisers,
- Accommodation and meals will be covered by the organisers.
Any problems with the Application form, please contact : email@example.com - but first check that you informed all compulsory fields 🙂
NB : The duration for uploading files and submitting the form is proportional to the size of the uploaded files and the quality of your Internet connection. Be patient and wait for a validation or error message before trying to click "submit" again.
If problems persist, use the added fields and indicate googledrive links instead of uploading files (CV and portforlios). Please note that CV and portfolio of previous works are compulsory.